With just a few days to go left of this year, I thought it might be amusing to look at what lovely things I imagined I would get up to this year in my 20 in 2020 list. My first impression of this list is that I actually did more of the things than I expected and the things I haven’t done are not really because of COVID.
Here is my list for 2020:
- Finish Austin’s quilt (Austin has started asking after his quilt – this needs to be a priority for 2021);
- Complete a project life album (why not done? not sure. I can’t print at home because our printer ink is not up to it so I think the extra step of having to upload photos and send off for prints has made this a non-starter);
Choose a word of the year;BOLD – I am not sure I felt very bold this year but having the word present certainly helped me remember that I ought to try to be bold…; Read something or attend something that will further my professional practice; Attend a book launch;Thanks Kat! Go on a writer’s retreat;A couple of nights in the Leicester Hilton is not the writing idyll I had imagined but it was certainly a wonderful way to get some writing done…
- Attend a concert (no chance!);
Take the kids to a new swimming pool;Our Norfolk camp site had a swimming pool. It counts, ok?
- Eat at a new (to us) restaurant with Rich (not happening now we are in Tier 3!);
Visit a new placeSheringham, Norfolk was a lovely new place to visit Take a yoga or pilates class (in real life or online);Online, obvs. Get our home filing organised;
- Read The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt (I didn’t read this but I did read 50 other books!);
Complete the Literature and Mental Health course by Future First;
- Write in an unusual place; (I don’t think the Leicester Hilton counts. I am determined to get this done before 31st December…
Have coffee with a friend;My most recent was a coffee during a dog walk with Harper (the dog) and Katy (the friend);
- Organise the children’s artwork; (I still don’t know where to start with this).
Go on a family bike ride;
- Bake something new with the kiddos; – nothing new but plenty of baking…
- Go to the theatre. – sadly, not happening any time soon.