Another new year tradition of mine is to make a list of things I would like to do or achieve in the year. This is not a list of resolutions but more a way to track all the exciting, fun things I do during the year.
I reserve the right to edit the list throughout the year, especially if I end up doing something particularly interesting or impressive: I would hate to not be able to tick something like that off my list and there are always things I put on the list that are totally unrealistic!
- Finish Austin’s quilt (this is getting desperate now; he is five in February!);
- Bake a birthday cake;
- Complete the first draft of a piece of writing (novel or short story);
- Research ways to publish my writing;
- Read Beloved by Toni Morrison;
- Go camping;
- Celebrate with friends;
- Surprise the children with a great holiday;
- Have coffee in a coffee shop and write;
- Start writing Morning Pages;
- Visit a new art gallery;
- Go to a local attraction that I haven’t visited before;
- Explore a new place;
- Go to the beach with Harper;
- Take a course or read a book that will develop my teaching practice;
- Read a classic novel that I have never read before;
- Learn to play something new on the piano;
- Refurbish my classroom (if I ever get it back);
- Take Harper on a walk in the country;
- Eat out at a restaurant with Rich;
Choose a word of the year;First one already done!